Dating can be competitive, and can even seem unfair at times. While some are born with great looks and seem to exude natural charisma, most of us need a couple dates in order to reveal what great people we are... Before you can reveal your wonderful self though, there are a few things which will help you get off on the right foot, and even out the playing field.
1. Stay fit and healthy. In addition to helping you look your best, staying healthy, eating properly and getting regular exercise shows that you care about, and take pride in yourself. Proper exercise and eating habits also keep your moods regulated, and will help you attract positive people into your lives.
2. Financial stability. Money does not have to be the number one priority in your life, but as adults, it's our responsibility to be financially autonomous. Part of our attraction for others is feeling secure around them, and feeling like we can trust them to take care of themselves. If you're going through a period of financial instability like many of us do, keep in mind it may not be the best time for you to be searching for a mate. Our self-esteem also tends to take a dive when we're going through rough financial spots, and you may find yourself attracting people you might not otherwise look for.
3. Stay smart. Conversation is only successful when there are two people involved. You don't need to be an expert on every subject, but to be aware and have at least a general knowledge of several topics will certainly help you start up and maintain conversations. Broaden your knowledge to include things you might not normally focus on - learning keeps you interesting.
4. Dress to impress. Pay attention to styles and trends. You certainly don't have to succumb to every fashion whim that comes along, but try to at least stay updated and in the right decade. If you've been rocking an 80s mullet since the 80s, it's only going to make you look like you don't have a clue. Dress to flatter your body, stay groomed, smell good, keep your breath fresh. It may seem strange, but all these little things are big indicators of how much you care about your potential dates, and how much effort you're willing to put in.
5. Be reliable. When we first meet people, building trust can be a tricky business. We're trying to figure each other out, and decide if we want to pursue getting to know one another. Being conscientious and doing what you say you're going to do, calling when you say you're going to call, are all part of what we look for in determining someone's character. Treat people how you'd like to be treated.
Speed Dating Toronto |
Speed Dating Mississauga |
Speed Dating Vancouver |
Speed Dating Ottawa |
Speed Dating Calgary
All material, including text and artwork, is a registered copyright of 25dates.com Inc. and may not be usedin any circumstances without prior written permission from 25dates.com.