Oh dreaded Valentine's Day! Let's face it: when you're single, it's not the most enjoyable thing to be constantly reminded (through every possible media outlet) that you don't belong to a couple. But like every other holiday that's exploited beyond its meaning here in North America, the key is to remember and honour the essence of the day! Once we get suckered into believing we're "less than" because our experience doesn't mirror what the media tells us it's supposed to, we've lost the plot. Valentine's Day is about honouring love. It's a chance for us to let the people closest to us know that we love them. It's about believing in, having faith in, and opening yourself up to all the wonderful things love brings. So why not try spending a little time with love today?
Valentine's Tips for Singles
1. Send Valentine's cards to your friends and family to let them know you care. Think of the smiles on their faces when they open their cards to find out you're thinking of them and that you love them - this will help put a smile back on yours.
2. Bring a Valentine's treat into the office to share with your co-workers.
3. Call a friend or relative you haven't talked to in awhile to see how they're doing.
4. Have dinner with your single friends. It makes Valentine's that much easier when you don't spend it alone. Share your Valentine's memories - good or bad, and have a laugh!
5. Avoid feeling sorry for yourself. Remember that love usually comes when you're ready for it, not when you're feeling needy and desperate about it.
6. Use the day to take stock of where you are emotionally. Are you ready for a relationship? What does your ideal relationship look like - is it realistic and attainable?
7. Try to be happy for those who are in love - one day this will be you, and surely you'd want others to feel the same towards you!
Speed Dating Toronto |
Speed Dating Mississauga |
Speed Dating Vancouver |
Speed Dating Ottawa |
Speed Dating Calgary
All material, including text and artwork, is a registered copyright of 25dates.com Inc. and may not be usedin any circumstances without prior written permission from 25dates.com.