The holidays can be joyful, nostalgic, fun – and stressful. With all the shopping, family get-togethers, office parties and work deadlines, it’s funny, (or not-so-funny), how a holiday about peace can be anything but peaceful. And when we’re single, the holidays can seem even harder, with so much pressure attached to the idea of finding that special someone. Having to answer relatives’ questions like, “Are you seeing anyone?” is the last thing any of us want to do – especially during the holidays. So… what if we changed our perspective and started looking at the positive side to being single during the holidays? If you’re not yet convinced, read on 🙂
The Sunny Side of being Single During the Holidays
1. Freedom. When you don’t have a mate, you also don’t have any of the responsibilities or family obligations that come along with them during the holidays. You’re free do to anything you want – like a take a holiday anytime and anywhere you choose!
2. Opportunity. There are by far more social get-togethers during holiday time than any other time of year – take advantage of this! Attend all the great parties you’re invited to and then some! There are plenty of singles events and parties around the holidays where you can indulge in low-pressure dating. This is a great way to enjoy the holiday spirit without having to endure any of the stress.
3. Pamper Yourself. Since you’re not spending money on a significant other, why not buy something special for the most important person in your life – you! Show yourself how much you care…
4. Extra Time. Use your extra time to do something meaningful, like giving back to the community, or people who aren’t as fortunate. This can really bring home the true meaning of the holidays, and create special memories.
5. Quality Time. Without having to worry about the person you’re with being comfortable around your family or vice versa, use your unrestricted time to really connect and talk to your loved ones. It’s easy for us to lose sight of why we even celebrate the holidays – but why not be the one to remind your family that it’s about love and kindness.
Come find me on Google+
Latest posts by Ragna Stamm'ler-Adamson (see all)
- Dating Apps vs. Speed Dating - February 22, 2019
- 7 Resolutions that Will Help You Improve Your Relationship - January 6, 2019
- 3 Simple Ways to Prep Your Home for a Date - December 5, 2018