All too often we focus on our negative qualities and how to change them in order to attract a mate. We’re all human though, so at some point, we need to pay attention to the characteristics we can enhance about ourselves which in turn will help us find someone compatible. Our goal is to always be the best we can be, allowing ourselves to be proud of who we are, and being comfortable enough to cultivate and maintain a healthy relationship. And while we’re all unique as individuals, there are some specific guidelines in which our individuality can be seen as attractive, no matter what it is. So how do we create attraction?
Tips to Create Attraction
1. Dress for the Opposite Sex. In a nutshell, men like to see the curves of a woman’s body, and women like to see a well-groomed man in well-fitting clothes that are not out of style. No matter what the trends of the moment are, remember who you are trying to attract. Women don’t need to go overboard with sexiness – they can show their sensuality without giving everything away at once. Men will find better results in a nice suit or shirt, to show they care about how they look and are not dressed by their mothers.
2. Be Interested In Yourself. Having your own life, your own friends, your own adventures and your own career is an extremely attractive quality in either sex. The last thing people want these days is to be with someone who has nothing going on in their own life – this can be a red flag for future neediness and low self-esteem. We want to feel as though our mate doesn’t depend on us for their own happiness.
3. Compromising Is No Problem. Being able to compromise, whether it’s about where to eat, what movie to see, or what country to live in, is the cornerstone of any healthy relationship. When you’re unable or unwilling to compromise, you’re exhibiting selfish and immature behaviour, which makes you seem less than the ideal mate. Realize there’s always two different people with different needs, and yours is not any more or less important than theirs.
4. Passion. Your passions, whether they’re career, hobby, or people-centered, are what shine the light on your personality. When someone is excited about something, they show true happiness, and that is the most attractive quality of all. Find your passions, experience them, and share them – it’s the same thing as sharing the best parts of you.
5. Be ready. Don’t go searching for a mate if you’re not over your ex, or not feeling comfortable in your own skin – it will only lead to disaster, and you’ll end up attracting the wrong type of person. You owe it to yourself and to your potential mate to be emotionally whole before getting involved.
Combining the laws of attraction and love could lead to a long and fulfilling relationship. As philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson once said “Love and thy shall be loved”.
Come find me on Google+
Latest posts by Ragna Stamm'ler-Adamson (see all)
- Dating Apps vs. Speed Dating - February 22, 2019
- 7 Resolutions that Will Help You Improve Your Relationship - January 6, 2019
- 3 Simple Ways to Prep Your Home for a Date - December 5, 2018