If you've ever been in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, you already know that men and women differ on various situational levels; communication, intimacy, trust etc.
It can be difficult to navigate through these differences, even though we all seem to ultimately want the same thing - to share a life with someone, to love and be loved, and to be respected and valued. So how can we get to this common goal without frustration and confusion? It starts by recognizing and acknowledging our differences, communicating them, and respecting them.
What do men want from women?
1. Men want to be trusted. Some experts say because men have more physical strength than women (more testosterone), that women find it harder to trust; they're coming from a point of physical vulnerability. Translation: We trust much easier when we are in a position of strength. Trusting from a point of vulnerability causes women to base their trust instead on lining up men's actions with their words. Translation: A woman requires a man to be consistent in his word, and with that consistency over time, her trust in him will develop.
2. Men want women's support in their work and for women to boost their confidence. Putting a man down (or anyone for that matter), will get you nowhere. When it comes to work and career, something that is very closely linked to a man's ego, it's essential that women support and cheerlead. When you do this, it means you are on his team.
3. Men want women to look their best. This ties into securing his place in society, as a man sees his woman as a reflection of that status. Of course this can be overdone by men when it becomes
the only thing they look for, but if you are in a relationship it's always a nice thing to look good for your mate, it shows them you care.
4. Men want consistent and passionate sex from their mate. Making love helps a man feel connected and that his woman loves him; women often only need to cuddle to feel this bond. If a woman uses sex as a manipulation tool, and withholds it to get what she wants, her man will not respond well and will become resentful.
5. Men need private time and also need to spend time with the boys. This does not mean they don't love their women, it often just means a man needs some time to unwind after his day. Women often like to share their day immediately, whereas men just need to relax and think about something else without analyzing. Guys also need to spend time with just other men (women need time with the girls too), and men need women to not take this personally.
6. Men want to be listened to and respected. Everyone needs this, but men and women can listen differently. Women will often interject with, "yes" or "uh huh", but men tend to listen to everything said first before offering an opinion. It's important to adapt to the way each sex listens accordingly. Men do not want you to finish their sentences or interject prematurely even if you can anticipate what they're going to say.
Men - let us know what you want from Women!
Speed Dating Toronto |
Speed Dating Mississauga |
Speed Dating Vancouver |
Speed Dating Ottawa |
Speed Dating Calgary
All material, including text and artwork, is a registered copyright of 25dates.com Inc. and may not be usedin any circumstances without prior written permission from 25dates.com.