Pick-up lines, most often used by men to attract the mate of their dreams, can be amusing, scandalous, cute, funny, scary, and even beautiful. One thing to note is that the content of these oft-maligned lines is not that important! According to research pioneered in the 1960s by American psychologist Albert Mehrabian, the content of our speech only accounts for 7 percent of human communication! The tone of our voice accounts for a much larger 38 percent while body language accounts for a whopping 55 percent of the impact of our interactions. What should we glean from this? Well, enjoy studying the list of pick-up lines below, but don't worry too much which one you use, make up, or receive. Instead, focus on the delivery, because that is what counts for the most!
The Corny Pick-Up Line
1. Girl, you gotta be tired 'cause you have been runnin' through my mind all day.
2. Your eyes are bluer than the Atlantic ocean and baby, I'm all lost at sea.
3. Do you have a Band-Aid? Cos I just scraped my knee falling for you.
4. Do you have a map? 'Cause Honey, I just keep gettin' lost in your eyes.
5. Hey baby, you must be a light switch, 'cause every time I see you, you turn me on!
The Bad Pick-Up Line
1. Were you arrested earlier? It's gotta be illegal to look that good.
2. I'm fighting the urge to make you the happiest lady on earth tonight.
3. You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.
4. You're like milk, I just wanna make you part of my complete breakfast.
5. Was your father a thief? 'Cause someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.
The Flattering Pick-Up Line
1. Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?
2. Have you always been this cute, or did you have to work at it?
3. Excuse me, I don't want you to think I'm ridiculous or anything, but you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I just felt like I had to tell you.
4. You are the reason men fall in love.
5. Are you as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside?